Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics + Media
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
Wed January 16, 2013
Providence Chamber pleased with Gov. Chafee's State of the State address
(PROVIDENCE, RI) The president of the Greater Providence Chamber of Commerce says there was a lot to like in Gov. Lincoln Chafee’s State of the State address.
Chamber President Laurie White says last night’s address showed that the governor is serious about putting forth a pro-economic growth budget. She says she’s encouraged that the address came during a week that brought a new study and a legislative conference focused on the state’s economy.
“I think the stars are aligned in a way that I haven’t seen at least in the last decade in terms of putting Rhode Island in a pro-growth mode,” says White, “so very, very pleased.”
White says the Chamber’s pleased with plans to reinstate the historic tax credit and invest in workforce training. And she gave the governor an “A” for his address.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org