Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
Thu February 7, 2013
Providence inducts two new members into the MLK Jr. Hall of Fame
Providence Mayor Angel Tavares, and City Council President, Michael Solomon have inducted two new members into the city’s Martin Luther King, Jr. Hall of Fame. The awards ceremony honored two Providence men for their contributions.
John “Johnny” Britto and Dr. Wayne Montague, Sr. were selected as this year’s inductees from a list of nominees submitted by the Providence Human Relations Commission.
Britto has served as a youth mentor and program coordinator at the Fox Point Boys and Girls Club, and Montague is a Providence educator and community leader. Both were honored for their contributions to acceptance, social justice, civil rights, and equality in Providence.
The recipients’ names will be permanently inscribed in a plaque in Providence City Hall.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org