Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics + Media
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
Tue September 17, 2013
Providence to Play Host to 'Innovation Factory' Business Summit
More than 400 thinkers and entrepreneurs plan to gather in Providence later this week for the Business Innovation Factory’s ninth summit.
The head of the factory, Saul Kaplan, said new collaborations and projects come out of the summit every year. About two-thirds of the attendees come from outside of Rhode Island.
“The people that are there and the people that are in the room have an incredibly positive view of Rhode Island. They believe Rhode Island is a place where innovation can happen, so it changes the conversation," said Kaplan.
The Innovation Factory is a business incubator that began as an offshoot of the state Economic Development Corporation. It’s now an independent nonprofit.
The Innovation Factory’s ninth conference will take place Thursday and Friday at Trinity Repertory Company in Providence.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com