Most Active Stories
- Experts To Brief Lawmakers On Hep C In RI; Cost Of Treatment Likely To Come Up During Budget Talks
- Former Speaker Gordon Fox Pleads Guilty to Bribery, Wire Fraud & Filing a False Tax Return
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Raimondo's Budget Challenges And Secrecy
- Fox Broke Statehouse Iron Rule
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Thu August 22, 2013
Providence’s Old Arcade is Filling Up With New Tenants
The owners of the Providence Arcade, the nation’s oldest indoor shopping mall, have announced some new tenants. They include two restaurants and a women’s clothing boutique.
The largest restaurant space in the Arcade has been rented by an eatery called Rogue Island. It will specialize in local food and beer. Also joining the Arcade business group is Livi’s Pockets a purveyor of fast Mediterranean food.
Rounding out the list of new tenants is a shop called Nude, which will feature the women’s clothing and handbags of six New England designers.
Arcade developer Evan Granoff said there is also a lot of interest in the 48 microlofts that will fill the second and third floors. They have received far more applications than they can rent to. “You know we don’t like to release the number of people on our waiting list but it’s many times the number of units we have,” said Granoff. “And we’re looking to start signing those leases within the next week or so.”
The retail space will open next month; the microlofts in October.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com