Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics + Media
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
Thu June 6, 2013
Providence to Seek Control of Arnold Building
The city of Providence is seeking to take control of the vacant George C. Arnold building on Washington Street.
The three story structure has been vacant since a damaging fire in 2009 and has been placed on the Providence Preservation Society’s “top ten” list of endangered properties.
President of the Providence Preservation Society, Lucie Searle, says the current condition and vacancy should be a concern.
Searl says she hopes the city's effort will contribute to Washington Street's emerging vibrancy.
The Providence City Council was set to vote Thursday on the measure.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org