Most Active Stories
- Bob Kerr: We Have Seen The Best And The Worst
- RI's Brown Bird Finds A Solemn Victory On Final Album
- Learning To Respect A Patient's Wishes At The End Of Life
- Raimondo: State Wants Better Deal on PawSox' Proposed Ballpark
- PawSox Seek Meeting with Raimondo; Team Signals Flexibility After Negative Reaction to Proposal
Thu January 24, 2013
Providence teacher: students lack resources for success
Come Tuesday, January 29th, students at Alvarez High School in Providence will have a new physics teacher. You may remember the students went to The Providence Journal last month to complain that instead of having a physics teacher, a history teacher had been teaching their class.
That teacher, Debbie Krous, is now back in a history classroom. She says she started teaching the physics class after another teacher left mid-semester.
Providence School officials say they put a history teacher into a physics classroom as an emergency measure, after two more qualified teachers left at the last minute. Tomorrow we’ll hear from Providence Superintendent Susan Lusi about what the district is doing to make sure this doesn’t happen again.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org