Most Active Stories
- W&I Researchers Find Single Family Rooms Better For NICU Babies
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Seth Magaziner Staffing Up With Jeff Padwa & Andrew Roos
- Almost 15 Years After Cornel Young Jr.'s Death, How Much Has Changed in Rhode Island?
- 'Warning Shot': Sen. Warren On Fighting Banks, And Her Political Future
Wed August 1, 2012
Raimondo moves toward 2014 with big 2Q; Taveras no slouch
Although state Treasurer Gina Raimondo predictably downplayed talk during a recent interview about a possible run for governor in 2014, her fundraising machine just keeps humming along.
The former venture capitalist raised an impressive $258,155 during the quarter that ended June 30, leaving her with a $857,903 war chest.
Although Providence Mayor Angel Taveras outraised Raimondo by almost $100,000 last year, his campaign account dwindled as he paid off campaign-related debts.
Taveras nonetheless raised a robust $114,810 during Q2, bringing his campaign kitty to $237,239.
The twin rising stars of local Democratic politics have demonstrated the ability to draw on a broad array of contributors. So having a well-funded campaign won’t be a problem should they clash in the 2014 gubernatorial primary.