Most Active Stories
- Police Name Child Killed By RIPTA Bus
- TGIF: 19 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Scott MacKay Commentary: The PawSox Baseball Move to Providence: Good or Bad?
- PawSox President James Skeffington On The Case For A Providence Ballpark
Wed July 6, 2011
Randolph parade crasher sober
By FLO JONIC
PROVIDENCE, RI – Rhode Island state police say a Providence woman who allegedly drove her car into a parade in Massachusetts was not drunk at the time. Authorities in Randolph, Massachusetts says it's a miracle no one was hurt.
At around 7:15 Sunday night police say a Providence woman named Gloria Hodge drove her car into a parade that was just starting in Randolph.
She allegedly led police on a chase to Rhode Island before crashing her car into a bridge abutment on Interstate 95 in Pawtucket.
Randolph police say a motive remains elusive but she was not drunk, according to Rhode Island state police Captain Darren Delaney.
"From what our troopers reported and reviewing the report of the troopers alcohol did not appear to be an issue," says Delaney.
Hodge was taken to Rhode Island hospital where she's in stable condition. She's charged in Massachusetts with assault with a dangerous weapon, operating to endanger and failure to stop for police.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org.