Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
Tue January 15, 2013
Report looks at RI business climate
(PROVIDENCE, RI) A report examining why Rhode Island’s business climate ranks poorly in national surveys is slated to be released Tuesday.
Rhode Island has repeatedly placed near the bottom in some national surveys on the business friendliness of different states. The new study – entitled “Moving the Needle” – was produced by the state Senate and the business-backed Rhode Island Public Expenditure Council.
According to the Senate, the report will include recommendations for improving Rhode Island’s business climate. The findings will form the basis for what the Senate calls major legislative initiatives this session.
On Thursday, the House is skipping its usual session to take part in a conference on the economy. As with the Senate report, the House discussion is meant to make its way into policy initiatives later this year.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org