Most Active Stories
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Is The Mattiello-Paiva Weed Geezer Tax Cut Plan Realistic?
- Matt Jerzyk Joins Speaker Mattiello's Staff As Deputy Legal Counsel
- Phil West On Two Decades Of "Secrets & Scandals" In Rhode Island
- Sen. Bernie Sanders On How Democrats Lost White Voters
Tue January 15, 2013
Report looks at RI business climate
(PROVIDENCE, RI) A report examining why Rhode Island’s business climate ranks poorly in national surveys is slated to be released Tuesday.
Rhode Island has repeatedly placed near the bottom in some national surveys on the business friendliness of different states. The new study – entitled “Moving the Needle” – was produced by the state Senate and the business-backed Rhode Island Public Expenditure Council.
According to the Senate, the report will include recommendations for improving Rhode Island’s business climate. The findings will form the basis for what the Senate calls major legislative initiatives this session.
On Thursday, the House is skipping its usual session to take part in a conference on the economy. As with the Senate report, the House discussion is meant to make its way into policy initiatives later this year.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com