Most Active Stories
- W&I Researchers Find Single Family Rooms Better For NICU Babies
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Seth Magaziner Staffing Up With Jeff Padwa & Andrew Roos
- Almost 15 Years After Cornel Young Jr.'s Death, How Much Has Changed in Rhode Island?
- 'Warning Shot': Sen. Warren On Fighting Banks, And Her Political Future
Wed January 15, 2014
Republican Lawmaker Dawson Hodgson Seeks Attorney General Position
State Senator Dawson Hodgson of North Kingstown Tuesday launched his Republican challenge to Democratic Attorney General Peter Kilmartin. Hodgson says the theme of his campaign will be one of standing up for Rhode Island.
Hodgson is a former state prosecutor serving his second term in the Senate. He’s best known for calling for the creation of an independent commission to investigate failed video game company 38 Studios. Hodgson said he’s consistently been an advocate for the people of the state.
"On matters such as opposing the ill-conceived merger of the education boards or tolling the Sakonnet River Bridge, which I voted against every single time, and many, many other issues, my record shows that I have the judgment and backbone that Rhode Island needs now," said Hodgson.
On other issues Hodgson said a state agreement to buy power from Deepwater Wind is too costly. And he faults Kilmartin for not doing more to oppose the release last year after 14 years of a killer who got a 35-year sentence. At the time, Kilmartin’s office criticized the state Parole Board for voting to release the man.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com