Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
Thu August 22, 2013
Rhode Island: One of the Most Expensive Places to Own a Car
It costs more to own a car in Rhode Island than practically anywhere else in the country. That, according to the website Bankrate which is out with its first ever Car Cost Index.
Rhode Island has the fourth highest cost of car ownership in the country, according to Bankrate.com. Only Georgia, California and Wyoming residents pay more for taxes, fees and insurance.
In Rhode Island it costs more than $3,900 a year to own a car. Bankrate says taxes and fees in Rhode Island are 62 percent higher than the national average while the cost of insurance, about a thousand dollars a year, is 31 percent higher than the national average. The cheapest states to own a car are Oregon, Alaska, South Dakota, Montana and Indiana.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com