Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
Mon November 11, 2013
Rhode Islanders: The Winter Is Coming
If the National Weather Service is correct, we’re just hours away from the first snowfall of the season.
The National Weather Service is forecasting snow showers to begin Monday and continue through tomorrow morning. Meteorologist Bill Simpson says an Arctic front is moving into southern New England.
"With that Arctic front there could be some snow showers. It won’t be accumulating but any time you have some snow showers with an Arctic front it could snow pretty hard for a short period of time – just enough to make the roads slippery," said Simpson.
"But luckily that will be during the overnight Monday night so for the commute on Tuesday there still could be some snow showers so that Tuesday commute could be a wake up call to our first winter weather."
Simpson says more seasonable temperatures should return by Thursday.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us.