Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics + Media
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
Wed May 22, 2013
RI Commuters say They Feel Safe on Amtrak
Five days after the train derailment accident in Connecticut, Amtrak travelers at the Providence train station say they remain confident about train travel through Amtrak. One traveler named Paul Murphy, who was headed to Washington DC, says he’s a veteran of train travel.
“I think it’s pretty good. I’ve been riding this road before it became Amtrak in the 70’s, in fact I’ve been riding it since I was two weeks old, and there hasn’t been bombing or anything like that," said Murphy. " The road bed in many places is in tough shape, and you know some bridges may be repaired, but all in all it’s pretty good service.”
Other travelers echoed Murphy's confidence in Amtrak.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com