Most Active Stories
- Bob Kerr: We Have Seen The Best And The Worst
- Learning To Respect A Patient's Wishes At The End Of Life
- TGIF: 18 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- PawSox Seek Meeting with Raimondo; Team Signals Flexibility After Negative Reaction to Proposal
- Speaker Mattiello Wants to Eliminate the "Taylor Swift Tax"
Arts & Culture
Mon February 10, 2014
RI Foundation Announces MacColl Johnson Fellowship Recipients
The Rhode Island Foundation has announced the winners of MacColl Johnson Fellowship. The $25-thousand fellowships are for the fine and performing arts.
The Foundation gives out three MacColl Johnson fellowships each year to Rhode Island-based artists, composers, and writers.
This year the fellowships were given to visual artists Leslie Hirst, Anthony Giannini, and Daniel Sousa. Sousa, a filmmaker, has been nominated for an Academy Award this year for his short animated film “Feral.” He says he’ll use the fellowship to expand his filmmaking operations.
Giannini says he’ll be creating new work for solo exhibitions, and Hirst will work to create an interactive public art project.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org