Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Tue July 1, 2014
RI Veterans Given Help Finding Work
Operation Stand Down Rhode Island has received a $225,000 dollar grant from the Homeless Veteran's Reintegration Program to help provide local veterans with job placements and career counseling.
Operation Stand Down Rhode Island's Executive Director Erik Wallin says the Rhode Island National Guard has a very high redeployment rate and soldiers often have trouble holding on to their jobs.
"They've come back to their jobs no longer being there because their companies went out of business, and many smaller companies just simply can't keep positions open while members are deployed."
As part of its efforts, Operation Stand Down Rhode Island will host a job fair for veterans later this month.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? We'd like to hear from you. http://firstname.lastname@example.org