Most Active Stories
- Former US Attorneys Warn of "Alarming Prospect" of Cianci Regaining City Hall
- Brown Poll Shows Raimondo, Elorza Up By 10 Points Each
- Much Of The Brown University Debate Focused On Cianci’s Past
- Bishop Tobin blasts Raimondo, advises Catholics on how to vote
- Rhody Votes '14: Pension Fallout a Wild Card in Raimondo's Run for Governor
Wed March 26, 2014
RIPR's Own Dave Fallon Honored By Rhode Island Radio Hall Of Fame
The Rhode Island Radio Hall of Fame announced its class of 2014 at a ceremony Wednesday.
Seven people, who’ve played some part in Rhode Island radio were named to the hall of fame at an event in Smithfield. The list included anchors, hosts, an engineer, and programmers.
Among them was Rhode Island Public Radio’s own afternoon host Dave Fallon, who got his start in the Ocean State forty-six years ago, on an easy listening station.
“My first few minutes on the air were April first 1968. The first song was Paul Mauriat and Love Is Blue, and I segued into Laura’s Theme by the RAY Coniff Singers," said Fallon.
Fallon went on to work at WPRO, WBZ in Boston, and directed the Rhode Island General Assembly’s Legislative Press Bureau.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org