Most Active Stories
- Jim Skeffington, PawSox President & Prominent Lawyer, Has Died
- Biologists Plan To Continue Tracking Beluga Whales In Narragansett Bay
- Scott MacKay Commentary: MacKay's RIC Commencement Speech
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Next Move for PawSox Providence Stadium?
- Elorza Says Further Steps Needed to Stabilize Providence's Finances
Mon July 14, 2014
RIPTA Passengers Adjust To Relocated Bus Stops
Passengers on The Rhode Island Public Transit Authority's buses are doing their best to adjust to recent relocations of bus stops from Kennedy Plaza to other nearby locations. The relocations went into effect Saturday, July 12th. They are expected to last through the rest of the summer while the renovations are completed. RIPTA says the City of Providence is trying to increase the efficiency of the bus stops and pedestrian walkways while building a large civic space in the plaza.
While the relocations are only temporary, some passengers such as Richard Brewington say they've been inconvenienced by the changes.
"Change? It's a big mess, to tell you the truth. The only thing I can say is that it's making so much inconvenience, I guess because they're renovating the Kennedy Plaza. But it's going to be a mess for a while, I'm serious."
Passengers who have questions or need tickets can still get them at the Kennedy Plaza Terminal. Maps to the new stops are also available there.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? We'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org