Most Active Stories
- Experts To Brief Lawmakers On Hep C In RI; Cost Of Treatment Likely To Come Up During Budget Talks
- Former Speaker Gordon Fox Pleads Guilty to Bribery, Wire Fraud & Filing a False Tax Return
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Raimondo's Budget Challenges And Secrecy
- Fox Broke Statehouse Iron Rule
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Mon June 24, 2013
RISD and RI Hospital Conduct Art Exhbition
RISD and Rhode Island Hospital are running an exhibition where 11 artists display their creative works inspired by biomedical research.
Carrefour: Intersections of Biomedical Research and Art is hosted by Lifespan and RISD. This collection celebrates Rhode Island Hospital’s 150th anniversary.
RISD’s Director of Government Relations, Babette Allina, is an independent artist showing in the exhibition. She describes how the gallery showcases various pieces that have their own, individual background.
“There are some medical practitioners who also make art. There are artists who have been investigating biomedical subject matter. For some people, it was personal, expressing something that they had experienced. Some of the artists, like myself, it’s something that we were interested in and then we found a connection.”
The exhibition will run until July 19th in RISD’s Sol Koffler Gallery. It is open from noon – 5PM, Wednesdays thru Saturdays.