Most Active Stories
- W&I Researchers Find Single Family Rooms Better For NICU Babies
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Seth Magaziner Staffing Up With Jeff Padwa & Andrew Roos
- Almost 15 Years After Cornel Young Jr.'s Death, How Much Has Changed in Rhode Island?
- 'Warning Shot': Sen. Warren On Fighting Banks, And Her Political Future
Wed December 4, 2013
RISD President Maeda Leaving For Job In Silicon Valley
Rhode Island School of Design president John Maeda announced Wednesday that he is leaving the school for a job in Silicon Valley.
In a released statement, Maeda said he’s leaving RISD to take a job as a design partner with the top-tier venture capital firm of Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers. Maeda leaves campus at the end of this semester, starting his new job next month. Maeda calls the move quote, “an irresistible pathway to strengthen design’s place in the digital age.”
During his six-years, RISD’s enrollment has grown, so has its scholarship funds and fundraising for academics.
RISD said it will work with its provost and chief operating officer for a smooth transition.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org
The Education Blog