Most Active Stories
- Bob Kerr: We Have Seen The Best And The Worst
- RI's Brown Bird Finds A Solemn Victory On Final Album
- Learning To Respect A Patient's Wishes At The End Of Life
- Raimondo: State Wants Better Deal on PawSox' Proposed Ballpark
- PawSox Seek Meeting with Raimondo; Team Signals Flexibility After Negative Reaction to Proposal
Fri March 8, 2013
RISD’s Largest-Ever International Gift
The Rhode Island School of Design has received $1 million from the parents of an alumna to fund visiting scholars in the painting department. The gift from Vikram and Geetanjali Kirloskar of Bangalore is the largest bequest from an international donor in RISD’s history.
The Kirloskars say they were motivated to make the donation after their daughter, Manasi, graduated from RISD’s painting department in 2012. The proud parents say they were so pleased with her experience as an undergraduate they wanted to find a way to show their gratitude.
RISD officials say they will use the money to create the school’s first-ever endowment supporting visiting scholars and to ensure students’ continued exposure to Indian art and culture.