Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Joe Paolino vs. Edie Ajello?
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Democratic Gubernatorial Candidates Start Taking Off The Gloves
Thu July 26, 2012
Schwartz says 38 Studios “never really had a chance,” asks why RI officials were slow to understand
Schwartz says former governor Don Carcieri seemed to be “the only person on Earth” who wanted to provide money to Curt Schilling’s video game company.
Governor Lincoln Chafee has said problems at 38 Studios weren’t apparent until a meeting at the company on April 13. But Schwartz says one of his big unanswered questions is why Rhode Island officials were so slow in finding out something was wrong at the company.
Schwartz scored a coup by getting Schilling to sit down with him. The former star pitcher has offered very few interviews since 38 Studios went south. Schwartz says he thinks the fact he’d spoken with a number of former 38 Studios employees was a factor in why Schilling agreed to talk with him.
Schwartz is also set to appear during the broadcast this weekend of WPRI/WNAC-TV’s Newsmakers.