Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics + Media
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
Mon May 20, 2013
Search Continues for Missing URI Student
There is still no word from a University of Rhode Island student who’s been missing since Thursday.
21-year-old Matthew Royer was last seen leaving his apartment in Rhode Island on Thursday, he was heading back home to southeastern PA where he was supposed to start a job on Friday.
URI officials say the university reached out to Royer’s family on Saturday.
Royer enrolled in the fall of 2009, and has spent the past four years in the pharmacy program. URI says he was registered for the spring semester but no longer as a pharmacy student, and he is currently not enrolled in any classes.
Students describe Royer as a quiet and likable guy.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com