Most Active Stories
- W&I Researchers Find Single Family Rooms Better For NICU Babies
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Seth Magaziner Staffing Up With Jeff Padwa & Andrew Roos
- Almost 15 Years After Cornel Young Jr.'s Death, How Much Has Changed in Rhode Island?
- 'Warning Shot': Sen. Warren On Fighting Banks, And Her Political Future
Tue January 28, 2014
Sec. Of State Ralph Mollis Kicks Off Campaign For Lt. Governor
Secretary of State Ralph Mollis officially kicked off his campaign Monday for Lt. Governor. One of Mollis’s goals is to put the lieutenant governor and governor on a single ticket.
And that would require changing the state’s constitution, which means voters would have to decide whether they want their governors and lieutenant governors running on a single ticket. Mollis said linking the two offices would turn a lieutenant governor into a more formal advisor to the governor.
"I just think it’s a worthwhile investment to have both of the individuals govern together. We’ve had times when they governed from parties and we’ve proven that it just doesn’t work," said Mollis.
Mollis said as lieutenant governor he would also focus on closing the skills gap. Cumberland Mayor Dan McKee is also running as a democrat for lieutenant governor.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you email@example.com