Most Active Stories
- TGIF: 19 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Scott MacKay Commentary: The PawSox Baseball Move to Providence: Good or Bad?
- Scott MacKay Commentary: The Myth Of Rhode Island's Generous Programs For The Poor
- PawSox President James Skeffington On The Case For A Providence Ballpark
- Settlement Presented In Pension Case; May 18 Deadline For Implementation
Tue January 28, 2014
Sec. Of State Ralph Mollis Kicks Off Campaign For Lt. Governor
Secretary of State Ralph Mollis officially kicked off his campaign Monday for Lt. Governor. One of Mollis’s goals is to put the lieutenant governor and governor on a single ticket.
And that would require changing the state’s constitution, which means voters would have to decide whether they want their governors and lieutenant governors running on a single ticket. Mollis said linking the two offices would turn a lieutenant governor into a more formal advisor to the governor.
"I just think it’s a worthwhile investment to have both of the individuals govern together. We’ve had times when they governed from parties and we’ve proven that it just doesn’t work," said Mollis.
Mollis said as lieutenant governor he would also focus on closing the skills gap. Cumberland Mayor Dan McKee is also running as a democrat for lieutenant governor.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you email@example.com