Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Tue November 2, 2010
Secretary of State: check polling info before voting
By CATHERINE WELCH
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – It's Election Day and the Secretary of State's office says municipalities across the state have added nearly 90 new polling places since the September primary.
Depending on the community, most polls will be open between 7:00am and 9:00am and close at 9:00pm.
Election officials urge voters to visit the Secretary of State website to find their polling place, confirm voter registration, and download a sample ballot.
An eligible voter in line when the polls close at 9:00 pm will still be allowed to cast a ballot.
Voters whose eligibility is challenged can cast a provisional ballot.
There are more than 700,000 eligible voters, the Secretary of State's office says it expects nearly 60 percent of them will take part in Tuesday's election.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org.