Most Active Stories
- Jim Skeffington, PawSox President & Prominent Lawyer, Has Died
- Scott MacKay Commentary: MacKay's RIC Commencement Speech
- Biologists Plan To Continue Tracking Beluga Whales In Narragansett Bay
- Elorza Says Further Steps Needed to Stabilize Providence's Finances
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Next Move for PawSox Providence Stadium?
Tue November 2, 2010
Secretary of State: check polling info before voting
By CATHERINE WELCH
PROVIDENCE, R.I. – It's Election Day and the Secretary of State's office says municipalities across the state have added nearly 90 new polling places since the September primary.
Depending on the community, most polls will be open between 7:00am and 9:00am and close at 9:00pm.
Election officials urge voters to visit the Secretary of State website to find their polling place, confirm voter registration, and download a sample ballot.
An eligible voter in line when the polls close at 9:00 pm will still be allowed to cast a ballot.
Voters whose eligibility is challenged can cast a provisional ballot.
There are more than 700,000 eligible voters, the Secretary of State's office says it expects nearly 60 percent of them will take part in Tuesday's election.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org.