Most Active Stories
- TGIF: 19 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Scott MacKay Commentary: The PawSox Baseball Move to Providence: Good or Bad?
- Scott MacKay Commentary: The Myth Of Rhode Island's Generous Programs For The Poor
- PawSox President James Skeffington On The Case For A Providence Ballpark
- Settlement Presented In Pension Case; May 18 Deadline For Implementation
Fri April 11, 2014
Sen. Whitehouse Embarks On A Climate Change Road Trip
Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse is embarking on a road trip along the southeast coast of the United States to talk about climate change.
Last month, Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse went to Iowa to urge Iowans to make climate change a key issue there during the 2016 presidential election cycle. He’s concerned about the ways in which climate change is already affecting Rhode Island. He wants the nation to tackle the issue together.
Soon he’ll travel to the Carolinas, Georgia, and Florida to see firsthand the effects of climate change in those states. He’ll talk with local scientists and advocates.
Whitehouse is calling his trip an opportunity to learn about how other states are dealing with climate change and bring those ideas back to Washington.
Whitehouse recently formed the Senate Climate Action Task Force with California Sen. Barbara Boxer.