Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Joe Paolino vs. Edie Ajello?
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Democratic Gubernatorial Candidates Start Taking Off The Gloves
Wed November 27, 2013
Sen. Whitehouse To Focus On Health Reform Success In RI
Senator Sheldon Whitehouse will hold a roundtable discussion Monday on how the Affordable Care Act is benefiting the state. He hopes to call attention to efforts to reduce costs and improve quality.
Whitehouse will join Lt. Gov. Elizabeth Roberts and representatives of several programs in Rhode Island focused on reforming the way health care is delivered and paid for in Rhode Island. The discussion at Coastal Medical in East Providence aims to steer the spotlight away from the Affordable Care Act’s troubled federal roll out and focus it on how health care reform is progressing in Rhode Island. The state has been piloting an initiative to boost primary care for people with chronic illness and has been trying to increase the use of electronic health records. Those are some of the reforms the Affordable Care Act has also funded through competitive grants.