Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Thu November 14, 2013
Sen. Whitehouse Gives 50th Floor Speech On Climate Change
U.S. Senator Sheldon Whitehouse has given his 50th floor speech on climate change. Whitehouse has been expounding on climate change on the Senate floor once a week for over a year. In his 50th speech Wednesday he cautioned climate change deniers about public opinion.
“Those in Congress who would deny science to protect the polluting interests increasingly look ridiculous even to their own side,” said Whitehouse. “It’s not just time to wake up. People are waking up. And inevitably the truth will be fully known.”
Whitehouse said the winter water temperature of Narragansett Bay has risen four degrees as a direct result of climate change.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com