Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
Thu November 14, 2013
Sen. Whitehouse Gives 50th Floor Speech On Climate Change
U.S. Senator Sheldon Whitehouse has given his 50th floor speech on climate change. Whitehouse has been expounding on climate change on the Senate floor once a week for over a year. In his 50th speech Wednesday he cautioned climate change deniers about public opinion.
“Those in Congress who would deny science to protect the polluting interests increasingly look ridiculous even to their own side,” said Whitehouse. “It’s not just time to wake up. People are waking up. And inevitably the truth will be fully known.”
Whitehouse said the winter water temperature of Narragansett Bay has risen four degrees as a direct result of climate change.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com