Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
Tue February 12, 2013
Senate considers Board of Ed nominees
Four nominees for a new state Board of Education face a confirmation vote Tuesday by the full state Senate. They have already cleared a vote by the Senate Education Committee.
That committee is slated to take up the remaining seven nominees Wednesday.
The General Assembly voted last year to combine two separate state boards overseeing K through 12 and higher education.
Supporters say the merged education board will promote better coordination. Critics say the merger was rushed and poorly conceived.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com