Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics + Media
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
Tue February 12, 2013
Senate considers Board of Ed nominees
Four nominees for a new state Board of Education face a confirmation vote Tuesday by the full state Senate. They have already cleared a vote by the Senate Education Committee.
That committee is slated to take up the remaining seven nominees Wednesday.
The General Assembly voted last year to combine two separate state boards overseeing K through 12 and higher education.
Supporters say the merged education board will promote better coordination. Critics say the merger was rushed and poorly conceived.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org