Most Active Stories
- Tony Simon, Brett Smiley & Grace Diaz Join Elorza's Administration
- Scott MacKay Commentary: The War Is On Thanksgiving, Not Christmas
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Raimondo Announces Transition Team Members
- Hassett Vying with Aponte for Providence City Council Presidency
This I Believe Rhode Island
Tue August 7, 2012
By ANDREW MINER
RIPR – You know those moments in life when everything seems to be humming along just fine and then, boom, out of nowhere your world gets turned upside down? This sort of bad fortune can happen to any of us, of course, and without any warning whatsoever. Sometimes, under the best of circumstances, we're able to recover with a newfound appreciation of life itself and of some very special people in our lives. And that's exactly what happened to Andrew Miner.
A member of the class of 2014 at East Greenwich High School, Andrew Miner is a jazz musician, editor of his school's newspaper, class president, a member of the baseball team, and quarterback of the football team. Andrew reports that football has been his passion since the 5th grade.