Most Active Stories
- Experts To Brief Lawmakers On Hep C In RI; Cost Of Treatment Likely To Come Up During Budget Talks
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Raimondo's Budget Challenges And Secrecy
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Alexander-Scott Nominated To Lead Health Dept.
- Gordon Fox: Financial Problems at the Apex of Political Power in RI
Thu October 3, 2013
Smiley Says He Raised 100K+ in Q3 for his Providence Mayoral Run
Providence Mayoral candidate Brett Smiley is touting some strong fundraising numbers in the first quarter of his money hunt: $101,292 for the period ending September 30.
"I am pleased with the overwhelmingly positive response to my candidacy and confident that I will have the resources to communicate my ideas for getting our economy moving, improving our schools and making our streets safer," Smiley said in a statement. "I know with the right leadership we can turn Providence’s tremendous potential into a prosperous new reality that improves the quality of life for all of our neighborhoods."
Smiley's campaign says he has $97,000 in cash on hand and provided an in-kind contribution of approximately $3,000 in un-reimbursed fundraising and office expenses to his campaign.