Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
Thu October 3, 2013
Smiley Says He Raised 100K+ in Q3 for his Providence Mayoral Run
Providence Mayoral candidate Brett Smiley is touting some strong fundraising numbers in the first quarter of his money hunt: $101,292 for the period ending September 30.
"I am pleased with the overwhelmingly positive response to my candidacy and confident that I will have the resources to communicate my ideas for getting our economy moving, improving our schools and making our streets safer," Smiley said in a statement. "I know with the right leadership we can turn Providence’s tremendous potential into a prosperous new reality that improves the quality of life for all of our neighborhoods."
Smiley's campaign says he has $97,000 in cash on hand and provided an in-kind contribution of approximately $3,000 in un-reimbursed fundraising and office expenses to his campaign.