Most Active Stories
- Experts To Brief Lawmakers On Hep C In RI; Cost Of Treatment Likely To Come Up During Budget Talks
- Former Speaker Gordon Fox Pleads Guilty to Bribery, Wire Fraud & Filing a False Tax Return
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Raimondo's Budget Challenges And Secrecy
- Fox Broke Statehouse Iron Rule
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Wed April 17, 2013
Social Event of the Season Thursday at the MET!
Please come to the social/good cause event of the season on Thursday, April 18, at the MET in Pawtucket: The `Made in Rhode Island’ Spring Benefit fundraising event for Rhode Island Public Radio featuring NPR congressional correspondent Tamara Keith.
This soiree begins at 6 p.m. at the MET, located in Hope Artiste Village at 1005 Main Street in Pawtucket.
Taste delicious food from some of Rhode Island’s best restaurants and food purveyors, including Matunuck Oyster Bar, Blackstone Caterers, Narragansett Creamery, Grey Sail Brewing of Rhode Island, Seven Stars Bakery, Thomas Tew Rum, Daniele Inc., and Farmstead.
You can also get a chance for a raffle that will feature such prizes as a trip to Austin, Texas to meet Ira Glass, a trip to Chicago and Tickets to `Wait, Wait…Don’t Tell Me,’ and a helicopter tour of Rhode Island lighthouses from Bird’s Eye View Helicopters.
Be there or be very square. Ticket information is available here or call 351-0203. Tickets will also be available at the door.