Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
Wed February 20, 2013
Some $205M Raised by RI Colleges and Universities in 2012
The latest look at how well Rhode Island’s colleges and universities did in fundraising last year finds six of the state’s nine institutions raised more than $205 million. That’s up from what they raised in 2011.
The Council for Aid to Education looked at fundraising for Rhode Island’s four-year institutions except Johnson & Whales, Salve Regina and Providence College.
Brown University topped the list raising a little more than $178 million, that’s up from 2011. Bryant University and Roger Williams University also saw their donations go up last year.
Fundraising dropped for the Rhode Island School of Design, Rhode Island College and the University of Rhode Island, with URI seeing the largest drop of about $6 million.
Read the Report
A copy of the report can be found here.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org