Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
Mon June 3, 2013
Speaker Fox, Former Ballplayer Baldelli Hosting Fundraiser for Baldelli-Hunt
House Speaker Gordon Fox and former MLB standout Rocco Baldelli are co-hosting a June 11 kickoff/fundraiser for state Representative Lisa Baldelli-Hunt's Woonsocket mayoral campaign.
In a letter for the event at the Kirkbrae Country Club in Lincoln, Fox writes:
Representative Baldelli-Hunt has been a passionate and hard-working advocate on behalf of the City of Woonsocket's best interests for the past seven years in the General Assembly. I think she will be a great mayor for a city that is in real need of strong leadership to meet the many challenges that it faces
The suggested donation for the fundraiser is $150. Fox's letter says the event will be preceded by a private reception "with the suggested donation of $500 per couple."
Baldelli, who is Baldelli-Hunt's nephew, emerged as an exciting player with a seemingly bright future for the Tampa Bay Rays. His baseball career was cut short by a protein irregularity that can cause chronic fatigue. Baldelli continues to work for the Rays' organization.
Baldelli-Hunt announced her Democratic mayoral campaign in April. Independent Dave Fisher is also running for the seat currently held by Republican Leo Fontaine.