Most Active Stories
- Experts To Brief Lawmakers On Hep C In RI; Cost Of Treatment Likely To Come Up During Budget Talks
- Former Speaker Gordon Fox Pleads Guilty to Bribery, Wire Fraud & Filing a False Tax Return
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Raimondo's Budget Challenges And Secrecy
- Fox Broke Statehouse Iron Rule
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Mon June 3, 2013
Speaker Fox, Former Ballplayer Baldelli Hosting Fundraiser for Baldelli-Hunt
House Speaker Gordon Fox and former MLB standout Rocco Baldelli are co-hosting a June 11 kickoff/fundraiser for state Representative Lisa Baldelli-Hunt's Woonsocket mayoral campaign.
In a letter for the event at the Kirkbrae Country Club in Lincoln, Fox writes:
Representative Baldelli-Hunt has been a passionate and hard-working advocate on behalf of the City of Woonsocket's best interests for the past seven years in the General Assembly. I think she will be a great mayor for a city that is in real need of strong leadership to meet the many challenges that it faces
The suggested donation for the fundraiser is $150. Fox's letter says the event will be preceded by a private reception "with the suggested donation of $500 per couple."
Baldelli, who is Baldelli-Hunt's nephew, emerged as an exciting player with a seemingly bright future for the Tampa Bay Rays. His baseball career was cut short by a protein irregularity that can cause chronic fatigue. Baldelli continues to work for the Rays' organization.
Baldelli-Hunt announced her Democratic mayoral campaign in April. Independent Dave Fisher is also running for the seat currently held by Republican Leo Fontaine.