Most Active Stories
- W&I Researchers Find Single Family Rooms Better For NICU Babies
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Seth Magaziner Staffing Up With Jeff Padwa & Andrew Roos
- Almost 15 Years After Cornel Young Jr.'s Death, How Much Has Changed in Rhode Island?
- 'Warning Shot': Sen. Warren On Fighting Banks, And Her Political Future
Tue January 21, 2014
State Leaders And Lawmakers Meet To Discuss Jumpstarting The Local Economy
Political and business leaders are meeting in a couple events Tuesday looking at how to rev up the state’s economy.
The first event is a roundtable centered on the national issues, such as patents, facing the state’s innovation industry, and how this industry can help boost Rhode Island’s struggling economy.
Both Senator Jack Reed and Sheldon Whitehouse will attend the roundtable, along with Congressman David Cicilline.
Then at 3 o’clock this afternoon leaders in the state senate will unveil legislation and release a report called “Rhode to Work” which is being touted as an action plan to bring the state’s economy back to life.
At 9 percent, Rhode Island is currently tied with Nevada for having the highest unemployment rate in the nation.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com