Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Fri March 1, 2013
State Pension Challenge on Hold as Negotiations Continue
A legal challenge to the overhaul of the state pension system will remain on hold as the two sides continue to mediate the dispute.
The judge overseeing the pension case, Sarah Taft-Carter, met with lawyers Thursday. She’s set to get another update on mediation efforts March 25th.
A series of public-sector unions is suing to overturn the state’s overhaul of the pension system.
The unions say the overhaul is unconstitutional and went too far in cutting benefits. State Treasurer Gina Raimondo and other supporters of the overhaul say it was legally sound and financially necessary.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com