Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
Fri January 10, 2014
State Police Will Investigate Cranston Police Ticketing Blitz
State Police have responded to calls by two Cranston city councilors to investigate a ticketing blitz that took place in November.
Mayor Allan Fung announced the State police's participation at a press conference Thursday.
The two city councilors, Paul Archetto and Steven Stycos, say their wards were unfairly targeted with parking tickets because they voted against a proposed police contract earlier in the year.
Some 130 tickets were issued in their wards; only nine tickets were issued in the rest of the city during the same time period.
Fung said the parking tickets in question will be dismissed.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com