Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Scott MacKay Commentary: The R.I. And Mass. Casino Conundrum
Fri January 10, 2014
State Police Will Investigate Cranston Police Ticketing Blitz
State Police have responded to calls by two Cranston city councilors to investigate a ticketing blitz that took place in November.
Mayor Allan Fung announced the State police's participation at a press conference Thursday.
The two city councilors, Paul Archetto and Steven Stycos, say their wards were unfairly targeted with parking tickets because they voted against a proposed police contract earlier in the year.
Some 130 tickets were issued in their wards; only nine tickets were issued in the rest of the city during the same time period.
Fung said the parking tickets in question will be dismissed.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com