Most Active Stories
- Jim Skeffington, PawSox President & Prominent Lawyer, Has Died
- Scott MacKay Commentary: MacKay's RIC Commencement Speech
- Biologists Plan To Continue Tracking Beluga Whales In Narragansett Bay
- Elorza Says Further Steps Needed to Stabilize Providence's Finances
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Next Move for PawSox Providence Stadium?
Mon August 6, 2012
Taveras boosts Kimzey and Goldin in legislative races
I am convinced that it is essential to the success of our City and State that we are represented by elected leaders who value collaboration. That is why I am pledging my support to Gayle Goldin and Libby Kimzey – two legislative candidates who are committed to the same proactive, collaborative approach to governing.
Kimzey is challenging incumbent state Representative Michael Tarro of Federal Hill. Also in the hunt is longtime former Providence city councilor John J. Lombardi, who placed second to Taveras in the 2010 mayoral race.
Goldin already has the backing of Perry and Edith Ajello, so that speaks well for picking up voters on Providence’s largely liberal East Side.
The question for Kimzey is how much of a bounce she gets from the backing of the popular mayor of Providence.