Most Active Stories
- Experts To Brief Lawmakers On Hep C In RI; Cost Of Treatment Likely To Come Up During Budget Talks
- Former Speaker Gordon Fox Pleads Guilty to Bribery, Wire Fraud & Filing a False Tax Return
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Raimondo's Budget Challenges And Secrecy
- Fox Broke Statehouse Iron Rule
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Tue March 19, 2013
Tencher joining Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee as Campaign Director
West Warwick native Paul Tencher is set to become the campaign director for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee. The move comes after Tencher managed Democrat Joe Donnelly's winning Senate campaign in Indiana over Republican Richard Mourdock last year.
Tencher is expected to focus on aiding Democratic Senate candidates in states won last year by Mitt Romney.
By email, he says:
Democrats won the Indiana Senate seat, and four other red states, in 2012 because of the caliber of candidate the DSCC recruited and the team we were able to assemble. I'm at the DSCC to be a resource to candidates and campaigns and help this team in any way I can to ensure a Democratic majority in the Senate.
Tencher is a former chief of staff for Lieutenant Governor Elizabeth Roberts. He also worked on Deb Markowitz's Vermont gubernatorial campaign and for former US Representative Mary Jo Kilroy.
The new post represents a higher profile for the Rhode Islander after he helped engineer Donnelly's upset win over Mourdock, helped in part by a prominent gaffe by the GOP candidate.