Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Rhody Votes '14: Republicans for Governor Debate
Wed June 12, 2013
The Rhode Island Tennis Festival will take place this Saturday, June 15 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Slater Memorial Park in Pawtucket. The event is sponsored by the RI state association of the United States Tennis Association. There will be booths, games, tennis lessons as well as program, equipment and tournament information.
The event will feature a Kids 10 and under tennis program, a fast serve contest and mini-lessons for juniors, adults and seniors. There will be information on how to get involved in USTA programs, such as Junior Team Tennis and Adult League Tennis.
Among those participating are tennis professionals, college and high school coaches, racket and equipment providers as well as representatives of the Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport, the New Haven Open, the Boston Lobsters of World Team Tennis and the Pawtucket Red Sox.
``We want this event to help kick off a great summer of tennis around the state,’’ said Doug Chapman, president of USTA Rhode Island. ``The entire state of Rhode Island, as well as tennis enthusiasts from surrounding communities are all welcome to attend.’’
The rain date is Sunday June 16. For more information, go to www.ustarhodeisland.com