Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
Tue July 30, 2013
T.F. Green Airport Starts Upgrades
An ambitious four-year plan to upgrade T.F. Green Airport has finally gotten underway. Monday one of the airport’s two runways was shut down to make way for the removal of a hangar. Next month work begins on a new de-icing fluid treatment plant.
Peter Frazer, general counsel to the Rhode Island Airport Corporation, said none of this should inconvenience travelers.
"We do not anticipate any disruption to service at the airport. Our partners, the airlines, have coordinated their schedules long in advance so we we’ll be down to one runway until the beginning of the Thanksgiving holiday, so say mid November. But those schedules have already been worked into the system," said Frazer.
Senator Jack Reed toured the airport yesterday and declared that, quote, “progress is taking off at T.F. Green.”
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org