Most Active Stories
- Jim Skeffington, PawSox President & Prominent Lawyer, Has Died
- Scott MacKay Commentary: MacKay's RIC Commencement Speech
- Biologists Plan To Continue Tracking Beluga Whales In Narragansett Bay
- Elorza Says Further Steps Needed to Stabilize Providence's Finances
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Next Move for PawSox Providence Stadium?
Wed January 30, 2013
TF Green talking with neighbors about buying their homes
Green Airport officials will hold a community meeting Wednesday night to brief residents on the purchase of nearby homes for runway expansion. The extension of the main runway calls for a runway protection zone around it, necessitating the purchase of about 60 homes.
Interim airport president Peter Frazier says eligible homeowners would get fair market value for their properties plus moving costs. Frazier says homeowners who attended a similar meeting last night displayed a high level of interest in selling their homes.
“Many love their neighborhood and are, you know, said to go. But others are saying they understand the reality of the airport coming,” says Frazier. “This is an opportunity to sell a home in a depressed market and it’s our obligation to price their home based on comparables that aren’t in an airport zone.”
Ultimately the airport may have to buy 150 homes for the runway expansion project. In addition, hundreds more may be eligible for soundproofing.
Want to Go?
Wednesday Jan. 30th 6:00pm
3027 W. Shore Rd Warwick RI
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org