Most Active Stories
- PawSox: Providence Ballpark Would Cost State About $2M Per Year
- TGIF: 18 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Time For Truly Independent Scrutiny of RI PawSox Deal
- Sports Economists Offer Differing Views Of Proposed Providence Baseball Stadium
- TheEC: Tower Climbing & RF Safety
Fri December 27, 2013
Trout Stocked In State For Winter Fishing Season
Anglers can count on trout to fish over the winter season. Officials with the Department of Environmental Management’s Fish and Wildlife Division stocked approximately 2,000 rainbow trout in several ponds statewide during the first two weeks of December.
Those ponds include Carbuncle Pond in Coventry, Barber Pond in South Kingstown, Silver Spring Lake in North Kingstown, and the Wood River with access from Route 165 in Exeter.
The trout stock will hold over for the opening day of trout season on April 12. Anglers need a current fishing license and a Trout Conservation Stamp to keep or possess a trout.
A person can take no more than two trout per day through the end of February.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org