Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
Fri December 27, 2013
Trout Stocked In State For Winter Fishing Season
Anglers can count on trout to fish over the winter season. Officials with the Department of Environmental Management’s Fish and Wildlife Division stocked approximately 2,000 rainbow trout in several ponds statewide during the first two weeks of December.
Those ponds include Carbuncle Pond in Coventry, Barber Pond in South Kingstown, Silver Spring Lake in North Kingstown, and the Wood River with access from Route 165 in Exeter.
The trout stock will hold over for the opening day of trout season on April 12. Anglers need a current fishing license and a Trout Conservation Stamp to keep or possess a trout.
A person can take no more than two trout per day through the end of February.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com