Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
Tue December 10, 2013
Tuesday's Snowfall Is Expected To Stick Around
Rhode Island is under a winter weather advisory until 5 pm this afternoon.
Charles Foley of the National Weather service says, that Southern New Englanders should prepare for the first good snowfall of the season.
"I think we’re looking at the first plow-able snow event this year, we expect snow to begin around 9 to 10 o’clock this morning, ending around 5 this afternoon,” said Foley.
Two to four inches of snow are predicted to accumulate, and could prove to be a problem for the morning commute.
The National Weather service says the cold weather is likely to persist, so Rhode Islanders should get used to the sight of snow.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org
This I Believe Rhode Island