Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Tue December 10, 2013
Tuesday's Snowfall Is Expected To Stick Around
Rhode Island is under a winter weather advisory until 5 pm this afternoon.
Charles Foley of the National Weather service says, that Southern New Englanders should prepare for the first good snowfall of the season.
"I think we’re looking at the first plow-able snow event this year, we expect snow to begin around 9 to 10 o’clock this morning, ending around 5 this afternoon,” said Foley.
Two to four inches of snow are predicted to accumulate, and could prove to be a problem for the morning commute.
The National Weather service says the cold weather is likely to persist, so Rhode Islanders should get used to the sight of snow.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com
This I Believe Rhode Island