Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics + Media
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
Wed January 16, 2013
The tug-of-war over Central Falls heads to mediation
(PROVIDENCE, RI) A Superior Court judge has ordered the two sides wrangling over control of Central Falls to take the matter up in mediation.
An attorney for three city council members says the time limit on receivership is up. But the receiver says state law allows him to decide when it’s time to leave.
Theodore Orson, the attorney for the city’s receiver, says the receiver wants to resolve the matter quickly and supports mediation. Orson says mediation will likely begin in early February.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org