Most Active Stories
- Jim Skeffington, PawSox President & Prominent Lawyer, Has Died
- Biologists Plan To Continue Tracking Beluga Whales In Narragansett Bay
- Scott MacKay Commentary: MacKay's RIC Commencement Speech
- Elorza Says Further Steps Needed to Stabilize Providence's Finances
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Next Move for PawSox Providence Stadium?
Tue February 26, 2013
Two More EDC Board Members Step Down
There’s more turmoil at the top of the Rhode Island Economic Development Corporation as two more board members have stepped down.
EDC board members Jack Templin and Cheryl Watkins Snead have tendered their resignations, leaving just seven members on a 13 member board. Templin is quitting halfway through a four year term to focus on his business interests. Watkins Snead is finishing up a three year term.
Remaining EDC board member Karl Wadensten says he’s sad to see them go but sees opportunity in the chance to appoint new members.
“We have an opportunity here to really make this an unbelievable board and see that the groundwork that was laid by these board members that are no longer there gets carried out, fulfilled, sustained,” says Wadensten, “and start taking action and do something. Make us Rhode Island number one.”
The directorship of the EDC is also vacant. Gubernatorial appointee William Parsons withdrew his name from nomination two weeks ago because of health issues.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com