Most Active Stories
- Experts To Brief Lawmakers On Hep C In RI; Cost Of Treatment Likely To Come Up During Budget Talks
- Former Speaker Gordon Fox Pleads Guilty to Bribery, Wire Fraud & Filing a False Tax Return
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Raimondo's Budget Challenges And Secrecy
- Fox Broke Statehouse Iron Rule
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Mon August 19, 2013
UK Gets Century-Old Revenge At Golf Tournament
Originally published on Mon August 19, 2013 4:36 pm
In a way, the victory by 18-year-old Matt Fitzpatrick makes up for what happened on the very same golf course in 1913, when a young American named Francis Quiment defeated the two top British professionals of the day, Ted Ray and Harry Vardon, to win the U.S. Open.
After his win at the 36-hole final match yesterday, Fitzpatrick said “it’s great to go down in history.”
Here & Now’s Alex Ashlock was on the course for yesterday’s championship.
- Alex Ashlock, producer for Here & Now and director of the show.