Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
Mon November 4, 2013
University Of Rhode Island's New Winter Semester A Success
The University of Rhode Island will be offering a mini semester during the January break to help students get caught up on course work. The semester will run from January 2nd to January 17th. One-hundred and twenty five students signed up during the first two days of enrollment.
Mini semester director John Olerio said students in especially demanding majors find it hard to finish their course work in four years.
"For students who are engineering majors, pharmacy majors .. our really intensive programs that have so much course work it’s difficult to get those in in the fall and spring. This gives them another opportunity to complete those courses and graduate on time," said Olerio.
Two hundred students are expected to take courses during URI’s mini semester.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com