Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Rhody Votes '14: Republicans for Governor Debate
Wed October 30, 2013
URI Adds Winter Term
The University of Rhode Island is introducing a new winter semester similar to the Rhode Island School of Design’s signature “Wintersession.” The condensed term, which university offcials are calling “J-Term,” will run from January 2nd to January 17th.
The goal is to give students a chance to catch up on classes they need or try something new, according to URI officials. Classes offered during the inaugural J-Term will include journalism and a course on the history of jazz music that includes a trip to New Orleans. Credit will also be offered to students who participate in community service projects.
URI officials say they hope as many as 200 students will participate in the new January term.
The Education Blog