Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Old Providence Or New?
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Former US Attorneys Warn of "Alarming Prospect" of Cianci Regaining City Hall
- Much Of The Brown University Debate Focused On Cianci’s Past
- Bishop Tobin blasts Raimondo, advises Catholics on how to vote
Wed October 30, 2013
URI Adds Winter Term
The University of Rhode Island is introducing a new winter semester similar to the Rhode Island School of Design’s signature “Wintersession.” The condensed term, which university offcials are calling “J-Term,” will run from January 2nd to January 17th.
The goal is to give students a chance to catch up on classes they need or try something new, according to URI officials. Classes offered during the inaugural J-Term will include journalism and a course on the history of jazz music that includes a trip to New Orleans. Credit will also be offered to students who participate in community service projects.
URI officials say they hope as many as 200 students will participate in the new January term.
The Education Blog