Most Active Stories
- Experts To Brief Lawmakers On Hep C In RI; Cost Of Treatment Likely To Come Up During Budget Talks
- Former Speaker Gordon Fox Pleads Guilty to Bribery, Wire Fraud & Filing a False Tax Return
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Raimondo's Budget Challenges And Secrecy
- Fox Broke Statehouse Iron Rule
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Mon March 18, 2013
URI: A Record-breaking Number of Applicants for Fall 2013
The University of Rhode Island says it’s seeing a record number of applications for the Fall 2013 semester. University officials believe their marketing efforts are paying off.
Close to 21,000 students have applied for admission to URI for next fall. Roughly 75 percent will be admitted so that the university has its desired freshman class of 3,100 even after students who have been admitted decide to go elsewhere.
URI Admissions Dean Cynthia Bonn believes the interest in attending URI is a direct result of their outreach efforts.
“We’ve enhanced our web presence using college search engines. We know students are doing the majority of their college searching on the internet,” says Bonn, “so we’ve improved our website and we’re working with these college search engines to make sure URI is prominently featured.”
Bonn says URI is financially attractive to many students. Tuition will remain unchanged next fall at roughly $11,000 for Rhode Islanders and $26,000 for out of state students.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com