Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics + Media
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
Tue March 5, 2013
The Vulnerable Risk Going Unpaid
A workers’ rights group plans to hold a news conference Tuesday to call attention to what it calls a serious problem with unpaid wages.
Fuerza Laboral says it interviewed 32 people who reported a total of $170,000 in unpaid wages over the past five years.
The workers’ rights group says many cases of wage theft go unreported, since they often involve immigrants, the homeless and other vulnerable workers.
Fuerza Laboral is holding a news conference outside the State House to draw attention to the issue on unpaid wages.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com